A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, December 31, 2010

As the Year Winds Down . . .

This will be the 767th post for the year. Pretty good, I think. Not quite up to last year's 855, but that was the first year of the blog, and this year I had a broken hip that reduced output in June. There are over 400 subscribers to the RSS feed (not the big leagues, I know, but thanks to all of you who are reading me). My heaviest site traffic was in mid-September, and apparently the Photoshop of Mubarak leading Obama and the subsequent postings of other parodies were the biggest draw. The funny stuff gets linked to by others more than the serious stuff.

Anyway, I haven't found a good weekend video worthy of keeping you from New Year's festivities, so that will resume nexr week. My New Year greetings are set to post at midnight.

No comments: